Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm sorry, little girl, because love is not always easy. Because right now you and I are engaged in this terrible push and pull. You are inserting your tiny will all over the place, mostly with me, laying down rules that I don't agree with. Ignoring my rules because you don't agree with them. And we're both ignoring each other's wills and I'm looking for a middle ground and I don't even think it's there. I think we're stuck in this eternal pull, a knot of tension between us, and somewhere in that knot is something softer, a love that simmers and glows and I'm trying to unwrap my fists from around and somehow convince you to let go so that soft love can grow bigger, and wider, and even softer. I want us not to be sorry the next morning. I want us to be happy to love to feel good about each other. No easy conclusion, no big answers, just nothing right now. Nothing but I love you and I know you love me and I'm sorry things are hard. I love you. Nothing and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment