Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's tough....so tough

The last few days I've felt like I've been walking around with dark, scratchy clouds floating above my head. You know? Picture an imaginary cord in your brain that can plug into the world around you. Now picture that cord all tangled up on itself, all useless and wasted. That's been me. Life! You are on notice. Get better.

Something beautiful:

At the grocery store this evening, smack-dab in the middle of suburbia, Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" comes on the loudspeakers. Woah Woah Woah Wuh-Wuh-Woah Woah Woah Tommy used to work on the docks....There are three people in line in front of me and the cashier is singing along under her breath and laughing intermittently. She's dancing a little as she rings purchases. I realize when I am checking out that the cashier is laughing at the customer service woman who has come out from behind the customer service desk to dance and lip sync to the song.

Listening: Bon Jovi, "Livin' on a Prayer"

No comments:

Post a Comment