Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It can be okay

Something beautiful:

Little blooms of possibility where I thought nothing was going to grow. Feeling the glorious sense of peace that comes with options. My new great wisdom. Options, the stuff of life. It's maybe not the most essential part, but darn if it isn't so very freeing.

Else:

The literal blooms of possibility in my little grow station. Tiny seeds shooting determined stems from the dirt. My favorite are the tiny tomato seedlings, the sharp, fuzzy curve the stems make as they push up from the dirt, almost folding in on themselves.

Also:

The unabashed joy of the family I passed on the trail today. The woman, who I guess was the mother/wife of the people trailing just behind her, doing a funny little walk as her family laughed at a joke I wasn't in on. We met eyes and she smiled wide and laughed -- such a refreshing change from the tight nods and flick of grin on the faces of everyone else, so intent on their fitness they forget to notice all the amazing things going on around them.

Listening: Chris Bathgate, any song because hot damn this is good stuff, but we can go with "Yes, I'm Cold"

No comments:

Post a Comment